Dyna offers a range of padded dressing for Post-operative use. They protect the surgical site from infections and speed up healing.
The dressings have a Polyurethane or Non-woven backing and a non-adherent centre pad which absorbs exudates from the wound.
Due to Government of India regulations, these products are not available for purchase online. Please contact us for information on the nearest location where they are available.
Features of Polyurethane Post-Operative Dressings
Water-proof, bacteria proof barrier
- Prevents microbes and other external contaminants from entering the surgical site
- Waterproof, thereby allowing the patient to take bath
- Breathable material prevent skin damage when dressing is left on for few days
Transparent PU film
- Allows continuous monitoring of the wound area without removing the dressing
- Conforms to the contour of the wound
Non-adherent absorbent pad
- Absorbs excess wound fluid from the wound bed reducing the risk of maceration
- Minimises dressing changes
- Will not stick to the wound and helps in faster healing
- Minimises disruption to newly formed tissue on dressing removal
- Prevents healing tissue from growing into the dressing
Features of Non-woven Post-Operative Dressings
In Non-woven dressings, the PU Film is replaced with a Non-woven material. These are not water-proof and the wound-site cannot be examined without removing the dressing.
Features of Silver Post-Operative Dressings
In Silver Post-Operative Dressings, the absorbent pad had a layer of silver filament. Silver has an anti-microbial property which accelerates healing.
|Dressing Size (cm)||Pad Size (cm)||Applications|
|5 x 7||2.5 x 4||Laproscopy, Arthroscopy, Peripheral lines, Skin tears, Abrasions, Chronic wounds|
|9 x 10||4.5 x 6.5||Appendix removal, Umbilical hernia, Central lines, Epidural catheterisation, Lacerations, Small trauma wounds, Blisters|
|15 x 15||10 x 10||Graft Donor Site during Plastic surgery|
|9 x 25||5 x 20||C-section,Hysterectomy, Mastectomy, Gastrectomy, Gall bladder removal, Hernia repair, Kidney removal, Laminectomy|
|9 x 35||5 x 30||Open heart surgery, Saphenous vein, Thoraccotomy, Total hip replacement, Large bowel resection|
Directions for use
- Peel off the release paper 1 & 2
- Place the dressing on to the required site and smooth down the edges
- Remove PET backing from the top of the dressing
- Post-operative wounds
- Minor cuts
- Peripheral IV Sites
- Vascular Access