1. Make sure your brakes are on by checking the sides of your wheels or pressing the transport brake. This will ensure that your chair stays still while you get in it
2. Footplates are at the bottom of the wheelchair. They are where you rest your feet while sitting. Before getting into the chair, you will need to fold or swing them away
3. Simply lift up on the footrest to move it out of the way prior to placing an individual in the chair
4. Once the individual is seated, lower the footrests and place their feet on the platform
5. Squeeze up on the hand brake to control the speed
6. In the front of each wheel is a brake lever. To lock the wheelchair, move the lever until it is firmly against the rubber of the wheel. When you are ready to move, release the brake levers by moving them away from the rubber of the wheels.
6. If you need to transport the wheelchair, simply lift up the seat of the wheelchair in the middle. This will cause the wheelchair to fold up for easier handling or storage.