Dyna Ankle Foot Orthosis
Dyna Ankle Foot Orthosis (AFO) is used to keep the ankle at 90 degrees and prevent the foot from dropping towards the ground. This brace is also called as Foot Drop Splint.
Foot drop, sometimes called “drop foot,” is the inability to lift the front part of the foot. This causes the toes to drag along the ground while walking. Foot drop can happen to one foot or both feet at the same time. It can strike at any age. Sometimes foot drop is temporary. In other cases, foot drop is permanent.
Foot drop is a symptom of a disease, than a disease in itself. Wearing a Foot Drop Splint helps to hold your foot in a normal position. Pedisdrop Foot Drop Splint is used to keep the ankle at 90 degrees and prevent the foot from dropping towards the ground. This makes it much easier for the patient to walk and more unlikely for him or her to trip at the toes as a result of the dropped foot.
Features of the Dyna Ankle Foot Orthosis
- Helps in dorsiflexion
- Made of thermoplastic
- Light-weight yet strong and durable for weight-bearing
- Anatomically designed as per bio-mechanical principles
- Can be trimmed to relieve the pressure on sensitive areas
- Can be directly inserted into ordinary shoes
- Calf padding with hook and loop closure for better comfort
- May be customized for a better fit by trimming and reshaping with a heat gun.
Indications for use:
- Flaccid foot drop
- Foot drop with mild spasticity
- Post Tendon Achilles Lengthening Surgery
Instructions for Use
- Foot can be placed above the plantar layer
- Fix the hook and loop closure at calf and foot
Small, Medium, Large, X-Large (Right & Left)