Cervical Traction Kit can be used in case of neck pain. Usage of the kit can:
- reduce compressive forces in the neck and
- reduce pressure on the disks and
- relieve pressure on compressed nerves
The physician will specify the weight to be used, the time for which the traction has to be applied and the frequency of traction.
The Home Cervical Traction has the following parts:
1. Foam padded chin and occipital pads for comfort during traction
2. Plastic cords as connection to the spreader bar.
3. Over door Hanger, acts as a pulley for suspending weight in sitting position. This makes it convenient to use the kit even at home.
4. Water bag to act as the weight.
Indications for use of Home Cervical Traction
1. For providing appropriate degree of traction to the cervical region at home.
2. For management of degenerative or inflammatory diseases.
You can watch a video of application of Ankle Traction here –
Disclaimer: The information provided on this page is not a substitute for professional medical advice. Your doctor is the person best qualified to advise you on the right product for your specific condition.