Scar Treat – Get rid of Scars
₹ 395.00 – ₹ 795.00
In 1982, a children’s hospital in Australia was looking for a material which could be used under pressure garments to ensure that pressure was being evenly distributed. It was noticed that where the silicone gel was, the scar improved more rapidly. Following this discovery in Australia, clinical trials began in the UK, which found that silicone gel was also effective when used alone.
Scar Treat silicone sheets neutralize the scar’s color and flatten raised scars.
A silicone sheet is soft and pliable and adjusts to body contours. They are easy to use.
Silicone is hypoallergenic and there have been no reported side effects.
It works well on scars caused by burns or surgery regardless of the age of the scar.
Why Silicone Sheets
- When recovering from surgical procedures, burns and obtrusive scars etc silicone gel sheet is the most effective, proven method for scar management
- Specially designed to soften, flatten, fade red dark or raised scars
- Works effectively on recent scars but also on on older scars
- Easy to use, can be worn even on body contours
- Can be cut to fit the scar size
- Silicone is bio-compatible and skin-friendly and will not cause allergy
- Silicone does not promote growth of any microorganisms at the use site, unlike other substrates
How does Silicone Sheet work
- Hydration – The Silicone Gel Sheet keeps the scar area moist continuously
- It increases oxygen supply to the infected area
- Increases the degree of occlusion
- Modulation of basic fibroblastic growth factors (bFGF)
- Protection of the site from microorganisms and chemicals.
- Static electric field creation due to friction
Why Scar-Treat Silicone Sheets?
- Made using Medical-Grade silicone from Germany. Cheaper products may use Chinese industrial-grade silicone
- ScarTreat is only about half the price of imported products of equivalent quality
- More convenient to use than scar creams, especially under clothes
- Stays on the skin without any other adhesive or tape
- Adhesive property is retained even after multiple washes
- Keloids, Hypertrophic Scars, Scars due to Burns, Surgery, Caeserean Sections
| KELOIDS|| HYPERTROPHIC SCARS|
| BURN SCARS|| ACNE SCARS|
Scar-Treat silicone sheet is 0.6mm thick. It is available in the following sizes
- 6 cm x 6 cm
- 12 cm x 6 cm
- 15 cm x 3 cm
Instructions for Use
- Wash your hands before use and gently clean the scar and surrounding skin.
- Thoroughly dry the area before applying Scartreat.
- With a pair of scissors, cut the sheet to the size of the scar – allowing a little overlap all the way round. Store the gel sheet in a dry place.
- Remove the printed plastic sheet to reveal the adhesive.
- Apply Scartreat, adhesive side down, to the scarred area without stretching the strip.
- If your scar is in an awkward position you may wish to use a light bandage or tape to keep Scartreat in position.
- Do not held the gel sheet too tightly to the skin as this may cause irritation of the scar and surrounding area.
- It should be applied to the scar for 4 hours on the first two days of use.
- The application time should then be increased by 2 hours a day to enable your skin to get used to the gel strip.
6 cm x 6 cm, 12 cm x 6 cm, 15 cm x 3 cm
|Country of Origin|