Crutch Sticks are meant to take the load off the legs onto the upper body during walking. They are useful for patients having temporary or permanent disabilities of the leg. The stick goes on the same side as the stronger leg and moves when the weaker leg moves.
All Rehaid Crutch Sticks have the following common features:
1. Made of Anodized Aluminium. Aluminium is very strong yet light-weight. Because it is anodized, it is also rust-proof
2. Swan neck handle for better grip and stability
3. Telescopic height adjustment with press button arrangement
4. Suction rubber tips for better grip on the floor and to minimize chances of slipping and falling
There are several variants. Your physician or therapist can advise you which model is best-suited to your particular needs. The additional features of each model are mentioned below:
Swan-neck Crutch Stick
This is the standard crutch stick with one point of contact with the ground.
Tripoid Crutch Stick
Has 3 points of contact with the ground. The Tripoid Crutch Stick offers a higher degree of support and stability than a normal crutch stick.
Quadripoid Crutch Stick
Has 4 points of contact with the ground. Offers a higher degree of support and stability than a normal crutch stick or a tripoid.
Indications for use of Rehaid Crutch Stick
1. Hemiplegic Patient who need wider base of support for ambulation
2. People with degenerative arthritis of the hip and knee
3. Better support and stability for elderly patients
Disclaimer: The information provided on this page is not a substitute for professional medical advice. Your doctor is the person best qualified to advise you on the right product for your specific condition.