Our fingers are capable of very fine, coordinated motions. Disruption of this range of motion can have tremendous impact on our fingers. So the chance of getting finger injuries is high in every individual.
There are various products specifically designed for each type of finger injuries. Dyna Finger extension splint is designed to give support to the end of the finger that connect the palm or MTP joint to the midpoint of the finger, called the proximal interphalangeal joint or PIP. It also helps in preventing these joint from bending and to immobilizing the joints from further movement.
Features of Dyna Finger Extension Splint
- Plastic coated malleable aluminium , which keeps the inter phalangeal joints in required position.
- Polyfoam padding for comfort.
- Fits any finger
Indications of Dyna Finger Extension Splint
- Immobilisation of fingers following fracture reduction of Proximal Inter Phalangeal.
- Extensor tendon injuries of the fingers.
- Collateral ligament injuries of the inter phalangeal joint.
- Boutonnier’s injury
- Post operative immobilization of fingers.
- Prevention of deformities in Rheumatoid Arthritis.