In advanced diabetics, the patient suffers from “diabetic neuropathy”. The foot loses sensation to pain. The patient may not even be aware of minor injuries to the foot which could develop into an ulcer and eventually lead to an amputation. Also, muscle weakness leads to a faulty gait pattern.
Features of the ideal footwear recommended for diabetic patients:
- Wide toe box for free movement of toes
- Strong heel counter for stability in the heel region
- Tough and light outer soles to limit motion of painful joints
- Velcro closures help adjust deformities
- Well padded inner surface protects foot from injury
- Extra depth footwear accommodates 9mm insoles
Progaiit Diabetic Footwear was the first footwear in India which met all these specifications. Launched more than 10 years ago, it is now a trusted product for diabetic patients.
Progaiit Diabetic Footwear is available in 2 models.
- Commander for men – sizes 6 to 11
- Lily for ladies – sizes 3 to 8
Disclaimer – This footwear DOES not cure diabetes or diabetic foot or prevent the onset or progress of diabetes. It is meant to be a prophylactic i.e preventive measure to avoid injury to the feet of diabetic patients.
Your doctor is the person best-suited to advise you on the appropriate products for your specific condition.